Re: How secure is Fedora without SELinux ?

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 5:00 AM, David Jansen <jansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(my actual problem was a machine running a web- and mailserver with lots
of software that doesn't come from Fedora repositories, eg Joomla and
other web applications, where I haven't managed to figure out how to
make those things work together with SELinux)

I would encourage you to seek assistance from a communication channel such as a list or irc or forum to selinux issues before giving up on it.  A web services situation running lots of...different codebases...potentially opens you up to more avenues of attack...that selinux is meant to help prevent.

Once you find the right selinux community to ask, you might find that you can fix the context problems you are having with small changes to where your application files are housed on disk..without even building your own policy.

-jef