Re: F8 vs F9

Christopher Mocock wrote:
Russell Miller wrote:
It might be permissions problem... I found that by changing the ownership on the alsa device files to root:pulse-rt and adding your local user to pulse-rt, it started working.

Someone is insisting that's not a bug, which does not make me happy.

Thanks. I did try that on Fedora 8 when I actually put some effort into investigating, with no success, but haven't tried again on F9. Might give it another go tonight.

The strange thing, at least for me, is that it works on the three systems I have installed it on without changing anything. All three have different hardware - 2 desktops and one laptop.

Mikkel