Re: Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Ok. I boot the install dvd, makes the choise "install or upgrade existing system", then it spins for a while and I get the choise of "testing the media before installation", I have tried both ok and skip, it doesent matter what I do at this point the end result is still the same, it only says that the media is fine if I test it, after testing I press ok, then it spins just a few seconds before the stripes come, at this point I try to press "ctrl alt f1", (I have also tried just waiting, a loong time, but nothing happens), there are just a few lines below a blue screen wich says "Running Anaconda 11.4.0.82, the fedora system installer - please wait
Probing for video card:  nVidia Corporation NV41 [GeForce 6800 GS]
Attempting to start native X server
Waiting for X server to start...log located in /tmp/X.log
1...2...3...4...5... X server started successfully.
22:45:44 Starting graphical innstallation..."

I can sometimes write some text at this point, but nothing happens when I press enter, it is as if it all has come to an full stop, the only thing I can do is to press the reset button at the box!!!

Hope this helps you.

Kind regards:
Bjørn Ivar Johnsen