Re: Fedora Install Using DVD and HTTP

Tod writes:

I have a web server with a DVD drive, and a server with only a CD ROM drive. How can I install fedora on the server over the network using HTTP?

Very easy.

I've searched around but haven't found a method that matches my particular situation. Any ideas?

On the install DVD you will find the file /images/boot.iso. Burn that as an ISO file onto a CD, and you'll end up with a bootable install CD.

Now, take the DVD, and mount it on the web serverl, and start Apache. Take the bootable CD, boot the server with it, start the installer, and tell it to do an http install.