WiFi: Conceptronic C54Ri (RaLink RT2500) and WPA no go

Hi,

Think I read about a zillion pages to find a WiFi PCI nic that's supported by Linux (Fedora 9). I found the Conceptronic C54Ri which has a RaLink RT2500 chip, is supposed to work and was available at a shop near me.

Unfortunately I can't get the card to do anything with NetworkManager (NM) when the rt2500pci module is loaded. It won't even setup a link to an AP without any security. With the latest ndiswrapper 1.5.3 and version 2 firmware from conceptronic.net at least NM can setup a link to an AP that has no security whatsoever and NM can also setup a link using WEP. Both are useless for obvious security reasons. Both WPA and WPA2 didn't work (wpa_supplicant mentioned some timeout authenticating to the AP). I require a WPA2/CCMP (AES) link to the AP.

Does anyone have any experience with this card or any RaLink RT2500 based card howto make NetworkManager (or system-config network) successfully set up a WPA2/CCMP (AES) link to an AP?

Thanks and regards,
Patrick

ps if anyone knows a WiFi PCI card or USB stick that has the always-working-out-of-the-box-Intel WiFi chipset please let me know