Re: [OT] Problem with Centos52 and VMware?

Joe Tseng wrote:
Nothing unusual appears IIRC when I run ifconfig.  I am unable to ping anything on the network and I also ran "network restart" but to no avail.  So far only a full restart would make the problem go away.

I just realized I haven't looked at my logs; I'll check that out later.

Please don't top post.  It makes it hard to keep track of the thread.

Sounds like the NIC driver is bombing. What NIC is it and what does lsmod show before and after the failure? Seems to me the problem is the NIC module is hanging up and on a restart gets unloaded and loaded up again fixing the hang.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support