The assignment of numerical addresses for Domain Names ??

Hi;

My question is quite narrow.  I am not looking for generalized
explanations of IPv4.

When ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers or one of its clients,
or any other IANA RIR) assigns a /8, or /16 number and registers a new
domain name is there any rules, policy or usual practice in the
assignment that gives a hint to the nature of the entity that has
received a certain address?

E.g. If I see 64.71.255.198, could I reasonably say "That's a name
server, or, that's a Rogers Cable Inc. address" or glean any other
information about the organization, company or purpose?  Or are all such
address assignments simply arbitrary?  If there is such a rule, policy
or usual practice, do you know where I could find it and/or see a table
of such assignments.

I have done my google due diligence.  Every site, official and
otherwise, remains silent on the question.  That usually portends a
negative; there is no such policy -- but ya' never know.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3