Re: fglrx driver on F9 x86-64?

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 16:54 -0400, Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:
> Well, I haven't seen recent word on this so I thought I'd ask the public
> at large. Has there been any update on the fglrx driver for Fedora 9
> x86-64? F9 has been out for months now, and ATI/AMD has released several
> versions of their driver since the F9 release date, but the fglrx driver
> is still missing from the Livna repository, the official driver doesn't
> seem to work, and I'm still getting unaccelerated video on my Radeon
> HD3850. Anyone have any idea when this issue might get resolved?
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

The ATI devs are saying that the current drivers will not support
xserver versions greater than 1.4.2.  F9 was server version 1.4.99 at
last glance.  So if you want max performance with the ati-amd drivers
the only option is F8.

Livna's devs are being held up by ATI's devs.

Keep a watch on ati.amd.com for the next driver release.  When they
release it, livna will have it.  The real question is wether the next
ati driver version will support 1.4.99+.

-LX