Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Messed up my ISP/Networkmanager connection !?

Hi Kevin et al;

It just got stranger;

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 00:07 -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > Although my browsers don't work externally they did find
> > http://192.168.1.1 which gave me a setup page.  I didn't change anything
> > but here is the output:
> >
> > LAN
> > IP Address 192.168.1.1
> > Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
> > DHCP Server Enabled Firewall Enabled
> >
> > INFORMATION
> > System Time 2008/08/05 21:28:28
> > System Boot Up Time 00000 days 05:17:37
> > Connected Clients 3
> > Runtime Code Version V2.00.0042
> > Boot Code Version V2.00.32
> > LAN MAC Address 00-40-F4-91-17-8C
> > WAN MAC Address 00-40-F4-91-17-8D

On re-boot the script messages still show,  -- "setting NetworkManger
waiting for network - failed".  Then, "httpd: could not reliably
determine the servers fully qualified domain name using 127.0.0.1 for
server name."

The little NetworkManager gui in my notification panel shows a red
warning with an x and says "No network connection".

Epiphany and FireFox, along with Evolution, start offline.  Putting all
three back online gets them all working.  Here is the strange thing.
Previously when I put Epiphany and Firefox back online as soon as I
started them again they went off line immediately.  This time they
stayed on.  I loaded several fresh pages and everything continued to
work.

To answer Kevin.  Yes the bill is paid. I have one other machine running
Ubuntu with no problem and another on WindowsXP.

I just shut down and cold rebooted to be sure before sending this post.
Every thing is still as above.

A new wrinkle I didn't report, but now Evolution is asking for IP
account passwords each time I start it.  It had stopped doing that in
Fedora 9.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3