RE: Messed up my ISP/Networkmanager connection !?

Hi Bruce;

I would like to start fresh on this too.  I am using it as a great way
to climb in. read, etc. the networking nitty-gritty.  Unfortunately I
have to leave right now for 2 or 3 hours.  Ironically, for my local LUG
meeting.

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 15:06 -0700, bruce wrote:
> hi william.
>
> ok. for now, can you turn off/disable selinux...

When I return I will turn off SELinux. I have just shut everything down
and manually reset my cable modem and router.  I.e climbed up on the
basement freezer unplugged them; waited for a minute; and, re-plugged
them.  So when I get back everything should be virgin for a fresh start.

> and then reboot the box if you can... i want to start fresh on this.

And reboot.

> as i understand this, you're running dhcp, right? where is the dhcp server
> located?

As dumb as this may sound, I don't know.  One of things I was doing was
looking for my actual real domainname server and my DHCP server (If they
exist on my machine or router).  Never did find them because I got
sidetracked on this problem.

I will be happy to work through a solution with you.  I am not DESPERATE
to get things working by just button pushing.  I would like to know why
they broke and how they got fixed.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3