Re: Amarok: how to drag from cd 2 ipod

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 17:50 +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Installed kde 4.1 from updates-testing and latest f9 amarok on my f9 x86_64.
> Connected ipod nano 4th gen and correctly able to see inside amarok
> the playlists and files that are already stored on it.
> Excuse me if the question inside subject is amarok and not fedora
> specific, but it seems i'm not able to see my audio cd in amarok....
> How to make this?
> Os correctly sees the audio cd and is able to play it...
> Next step would be to drag from cd to amarok/ipod directly if possible...

I haven't tried this but AFAIK you need to have the audiocd KIO slave
installed, and use a URL like "audiocd:/" in the browser tab. You
probably also want to compress the audio before copying it to the ipod,
otherwise you'll get large WAV files, and I don't think Amarok will do
this for you. You're better off using a ripper (Sound Juicer, grip,
k3b, ...) and then copying the results.

poc