change fonts DPI in gdm (Fedora 8)

Hello,

my Fedora login screen is showing fonts with DPI larger than 96DPI.

Here is the question, how can i change font properties, currently DPI for login screen ?
I have no chance to edit it from gnome config or so ,becouse this is Fedora 9 with downgraded X Window System from Fedora 8 as ATI drivers suck and are not available for xorg provided by Fedora 9.

Thanks in advance!

David