Re: Planned Obsolesce

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:15 PM, <fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello World,

... I probably run an operating system install longer
than most.  Of the
machines at home and work that come to mind, one is
running 5, two are at
6, one at 7, with the latest running 8.  Due to
several bad experiences,
newer versions are installed only when the machine
can be taken down and
the disks reformatted.  Running an older version is
not the end of the
world, but a 13 month support cycle seams a bit
short. ...

ave M.

I think you should check out Debian.  They have the exact opposite policy.  q;o)  I've been running Debian about as long as Fedora and I've upgrade one or twice.