Re: Planned Obsolesce

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 03:04:29AM +0000, Robert wrote:
> A reply to a the posting in this group caused me to stop, step back, and
> consider a different respective.  The reply pointed out that Fedora core
> 6 was supported until one month after the release of Fedora 8.  With
> releases scheduled every 6 months, any release has a supported life of
> only 13 months.  The phrase �planned obsolesce� comes to mind.

Yes, that's by design, unless you'd like to start a fund for paying
people to maintain Fedora releases longer :)

There was a project called Fedora Legacy precisely for providing some
maintenance for older releases, but the man power wasn't enough and the
project eventually shutdown.

There are other distribution with LONGER support periods, you could try
Red Hat Enterprise [GNU/]Linux or CentOS (if you want to keep on the Red
Hat family).

Best,
Rui

--
Pzat!
Today is Sweetmorn, the 70th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?