Re: ssh / bind help?

William Murray wrote:
>                I have 5 machines in a home network, all running F9, with
> named/bind providing local DNS.
> A couple of weeks ago a problem appeared: ssh hangs for internal
> connections. No doubt
> I had misconfigured the thing years ago, as bind mystifies me, but an
> update must have triggered it.
>
> The problem is that reverse lookups hang forever; here is the end of
> "ssh -vvv XXX"
> debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
> debug3: Trying to reverse map address 168.254.0.251.
> Note the 'dot' at the end.

That dot probably marks the end of the sentence.

Is there a good reason why your home network is using addresses that,
according to whois, belong to Hillsborough County Public Schools in the USA?
(You seem to be in Great Britain.) I can't say I understand what the problem
is but if you're using someone else's addresses, that might have something to
do with it.

Björn Persson