Re: 'Overlay' in terms of Live CD

Anne Wilson wrote:
Can someone please give me a quick definition of 'overlay' in terms of a live-CD? I find lots of mentions by googling, but nothing that helps me get to grips with it. I need to know whether I should set a large overlay if I build from a KDE 4.0 Live CD with the intention of updating to KDE 4.1.

Overlay in simple terms is a additional storage layer. Everything that you do as an update is stored in this overlay and more you do updates and the larger they are, the larger your overlay size should be.

Rahul