FC9 install, ? Mainboard & Graphics Card Driver problem

I am having a problem with FC 9 (Fedora Core 9) install. The original thread is here: link. (reply no. 7).

For FC9 install:

Tried the install method described in this thread (reply # 5  & # 6 : Windows & FC9 Linux on separate partitions, with option to choose which OS to boot through the BIOS). [To do this, I disconnected the Windows HD (as I have 2 Hard Disks: 250 GB IDE with Win XP Pro & 500 GB SATA on first partition of which I installed Linux, after disconnecting the 250 GB IDE (Windows) drive) ].
The FC9 install (done with a boot FC9 DVD) itself went smoothly. After re-booting, I got the Fedora OS selector screen and booted into that, but then there was a display problem (use a 17" LG Flatron L177WSB Monitor) and the screen went blank with Error Message (provided by LCD firmware) stating: 'Refresh rate out of range" with a Vertical Refresh Rate displayed of 77.5 MHz). So, I re-booted, went into BIOS and chose the on-board VGA as the graphics display.
But got the same Error Message ("Out of range" or something similar) with the on-board display selected.

(System Hardware Specs are at the end of this post).

What could be wrong? I think Fedora 9 would not have got the drivers on-board/during install for the Graphics Card or the Motherboard/On-board VGA. How can one troubleshoot this? Don't know which drivers to get & how to install them, esp as Fedora simply won't boot up & there is no Internet connection available in Linux.

Hardware details:
CPU: Pent 4 640 (3.20 GHz) (Socket 775LGA)

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 Mainboard  (nForce 610i chipset)

PCI-E Graphics Card: XFX GeForce 8400GS  (512 MB)

On-board Graphics: GeForce 7050 (specs as in Mainboard link above)

RAM (Memory): 2 GB DDR2 at 667 MHz

OS (on 250 GB IDE (Master) HDD): Win XP Prof SP3

Guidance greatly appreciated.