Alpine prospects??

	As many here must know, U Washington laid off some large number
of the Pine/Alpine team last May. Now there is talk, in some places
online, of UW dropping all support for this superb software.

	Given those opprobrious facts, it seems a legitimate topic for
this group to ask, "What of Alpine, then?"

	Will Fedora, or some other distro, or many, spring into the
breach, if breach there be??

	Isn't anything known, after over two months? Can it not be told
here? If not here, where? If not now, when?

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
nine (count 'em -- nine) different browsers