Re: Fedora 9, installed, but no desktop

whoosh wrote:
On 30-Jul-08 21:57:48 Arkadiy Butermanov wrote:
2008/7/31 whoosh <whoosh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have Fedora 9 now installed. Had to do some rearranging

of drives.

with Fedora Core 3 the boot up led to a choice

of desktops.

but with Fedora 9 on booting up there is no desktop.

How can I get the different desktops that FC3  has?

thanks for any ideas

try pressing Ctrl-F7

doesnt seem to have any effect.

at which point of the boot process should I press ctrl-F7?

Not in the bootup process but after it's booted up...and it may be Ctrl-Alt-F7. If you've got a working X session that should take you to it at that point. If not, try Ctrl-Alt-F1 and get logged in as root and start digging around for X problems.

Kevin