Re: Patch bind to pluig Kaminsky DNS vulnerability for FC7?

John Austin <ja <at> jaa.org.uk> writes:

> Please see below my notes to myself when doing the same for F5
> Hope they help

Your notes were just spot on - I adapted and ran these steps on the FC7 box
that needed the change and it worked fine. The main difference was that
I had caching-nameserver running and that was a dependency that could not
be fulfilled since that rpm went obsolete well before F9 - so I simply
yum removed caching-nameserver, and then did yum localupdate --nogpgcheck
on the list of newly created rpms.

Once completee I noted that /etc/sysconfig/named had changed so I replaced
the old with the new one. Finally restarted named and it seems fine.

This basic technique may well be adaptable to other back ports for security
fixes in the future so I am particularly grateful for your help with this.

Thanks again.
Mike