Re: that old GNU/Linux argument

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I've always thought Tanenbaum is the "forgotten man" of Linux history,
rather than Stallman.
(I'm not attacking Stallman, just saying he is not forgotten ...)

With respect to operating systems you might look both Tanenbaum and Stallman in the same way. They both were involved in developing kernels that were academically interesting for their time, but not generally useful. Linus built something useful which is why it continues to get attention.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx