Re: 2,203,458 Radeon Driver Errors

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Maybe, but my experience is that its not there yet. fglrx doesn't work on F9 (no support for Xorg 1.4.99), and before that, when Red Hat jumped to the 2.6.25 kernel, there was no immediate support for that. I had to find a driver in a testing repo to fix that problem.

Oops, sorry, should have said that it didn't work on x86_64! Initially it worked on i386. My bad. Had to do with the kernel symbols. fglrx needed some that were removed. That got resolved. Now the xorg 1.5 problem remains.

Using the radeon driver, mplayer tells me that my machine is too slow to play videos. These are videos that fglrx had no problem playing on FC6.

It may be improving, but it has a long ways to go.

BTW, I have a Mobility Radeon X1600 on this laptop. Its am M56 video card (from the radeonhd documentation), whatever *that* means. Kinda tough to relate to a driver that "supports R6xx and R5xx cards". I get close to 2200 fps with glxgears myself.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx