Re: How do I keep Fedora 9 from automounting all of my hard drive partitions?

On 7/8/08, Dan Hensley <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am using /dev/sda as my primary hard drive.  I have another hard
drive, /dev/sdb that I use as a backup.  When I log in to a Gnome
desktop (haven't tried anything else yet), all of my /dev/sdb partitions
are auto-mounted.  How do I keep this from happening?  They don't appear
in /etc/fstab, and they aren't mounted if I boot into runlevel 3 for
example.  I cannot find any settings anywhere to control this, and I
don't know exactly what process is responsible.

Dan

Open /etc/fstab, you will see your hard drives and an option called (defaults) beside each one. replace it with (noauto) for the hard you don't want to automount.

you may want to look at this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?&t=283131