Re: Pulseaudio is not working ; no sound with Fedora 9

Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
All sound applications are working fine. No random noises. I use KDE
4.When I navigate to Settings -> System Settings -> Sound it shows
that HDA Intel is currently not available.

I don't use KDE (as a desktop, though I have it installed), so I'm unable to help you from here. This isn't an alsa sound issue (alsa has to be working for you to have sound applications working fine), but some kind of configuration issue (kde and pulse aren't able to utilize alsa properly). I noticed a kde pulseaudio update today. Perhaps that will fix your problem.