Pidgin/Kopete problems with ICQ

The ICQ servers seem to be blocking ICQ accounts using Pidgin or Kopete,
claiming that their protocol is "too old".  I've not yet squawked this
to the Pidgin or Kopete people.  It surely is annoying.

Thought I'd give a little heads up here on the list so you don't flog
yourself over the head about it.