Sagem Fast 800 E3 usb modem and Fedora 8

My wife is currently visiting her family in Mauritius, and has taken her laptop
along with her.  Her laptop runs Fedora 8 and I have set up network manager on
it so it will automatically grab any available Internet connection without any
further action required on her part.  This works fine here, both with a
wireless and a wired connection.  Switch on, blammo!  Connection established,
done deal.

However, she advises me that the connection at her mother's house uses a Sagem
Fast 800 E3 modem that has only a usb connection, and when she plugs it into a
usb port on her laptop nothing happens.  (On the actual modem, the word Fast is
written as F@st.)

A bit of Google searching tells me that this modem is based on the Eagle
chipset (whatever that is) and that there are apparently Linux drivers available
for this thing, somewhere.  Making things more interesting, it appears that
this Sagem is a French outfit, and most of the documentation that I can find is
written in French.

So....

Is there an easy way to make this modem work with Fedora 8?  My wife is by no
means a "techie"; she just uses whatever software I provide for her, and there
is no way in the world that she will be able to compile a kernel module on her
own, or anything like that.

"yum search sagem" gives me no results, and "yum search eagle" gives me nothing
relevant.  I'm pretty sure I could call her on the phone and talk her through a
"yum install whatever" and reboot, but I have no idea what I should tell her to
install.

I hate to have to tell her that she hauled her laptop all the way from here to
Mauritius for nothing, but I'm starting to think that's the situation.

Any suggestions are welcome.