Re: BOINC again !? -- I give up.

Hi;

I give up.  I am filing a bug.

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 09:48 -0600, Tom Weniger wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 7:50 AM, William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > But... Any suggestions on how I get my boinc working.
> >
> > --

> Greetings William,
>
> I have used the following site to get my boinc going:
>
> http://www.gaztronics.net/rc/boinc.php
>
> Hope this helps....
I have followed all of the advice given here.  I greatly appreciate
everyone's effort to help.

However, I still have the original problem.  When I yum erase
boinc-client and boincmgr and start over with a fresh yum install --
boinc works. It is finding all my projects and running them
successfully. Boincmgr reports accurately what boinc is doing and
responds to my commands. It is now running in the background.

If I where to shutdown my computer and restart, boinc won't restart even
though service boinc is running. I can't be more definite than that
because I don't have a clue what the problem is.

I am not a complete beginner, and no package should be this difficult
(two days now) to analyze and get running.  The only solution is to file
a Fedora bug on boinc and put up with being seared at by the packagers
and maintainers.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2