Re: Regarding the keylogger in the linux fedora systems

<snip>
 Its a bad idea to install something like that on your machine anyway.
An attacker will probably know of all such common tools floating
around, like a prepackaged rpm, and check for their existence, they
find it, you save them the trouble of installing one, they spend their
time copying the log you've so conveniently assembled for them. Your
concerned about security and your going to trust someone else's
prepackaged keylogger? Better just restrict what the machine can
do....there is a tool to help with this but you know I just can't
remember the name.

Maybe he's a parent trying to see what his kid(s) are really doing on the internet?

Other more serious trust/discipline issues involved here, I know, but still, this might be what's going on.

Kevin