Re: Double checking grub-install ??

Hi Tim;

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 07:35 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 10:28 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > When I first boot I get the Fedora grub splash screen/menu twice --
> > besides that everything else boots normally.
>
> Sounds like you've installed GRUB, again, to a second location.  And,
> now, one chainloads the other, before the computer boots.
>
> Computer relay racing...  Pass the baton...  ;-)

Exactly -- but where and how do I eliminate it?

> I might guess that you've got a grub inside a grub directory.
> e.g. /boot/grub/grub/grub

I have double -- triple -- checked, and I can't find a second grub or
grub.conf anywhere.  I have searched both harddisks.  I do have
a /etc/grub.conf link and a grub2 /boot/efi but I moved both of those
aside by renaming *.BU.  That had no effect, I still get the double grub
flashscreen/menu.

> I avoided using the grub-install scripts, as they can make some
> unwarranted assumptions.

I will in the future.

Sorry to keep at this, but I am stumped.  I don't want to risk
prematurely re-installing grub without discovering the cause of the
baton passing.  Who knows what I might mess up.  Remember, I did
re-install grub when I did a fresh install of F9 and that solved
nothing.
--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2