Re: Standby (S3) problem since 2.6.24

On 6/25/08, Markus Bonet <m.bonet@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I recently upgraded from F8 to F9.
>
> Problem occured first time on F8. Since kernel 2.6.24 is used (same for
> 2.6.25), there is a strange problem with standby.
> When system is coldstarted (complete boot), it is no problem to set system
> to standby (S3).
> System will wake up withput problems and I can resume work normally as
> expected.
> The next time I set system to standby the computer will go down but will
> wake up again immediately.
> During this, the HDD and the fans shut down but system wakes up again after
> that. I can work on as nothing has happened.

I see something vaguely similar on an eee pc, but only since
yesterday. Perhaps it's caused by a yum update I did, which updated

wpa_supplicant-0.6.3-6.fc9.i386
libsysfs-2.1.0-4.fc9.i386
selinux-policy-3.3.1-69.fc9.noarch
selinux-policy-targeted-3.3.1-69.fc9.noarch
hal-info-20080607-1.fc9.noarch

and a bunch of perl-related stuff. If so, then the culprit in your
problem may be one of these packages, too.

Andras