Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 14:36 -0400, David Boles wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 02:40 +0930, Tim wrote:
> >
> > Totally agree with this. It's hard enough even figuring out what the
> > various mixer controls even control.
>

> It is a choice. If you, either of you, do not like it you should disable it.
> But I seriously doubt that Pulseaudio will 'just go away' because you don't
> like it.  ;-)

You misunderstand me. It's not that I dislike PA, I dislike *all* the
sound systems on Linux because I don't understand them and have never
seen a clear explanation of how they all fit together and what they do.
It seems to me (and it isn't the first time I've made the point) that
there's a gaping hole where a unified model should be. Maybe I'm just
stupid but I seem to see a lot of different models with overlapping
functionality and no clear relation between them. And every time someone
comes up with a new architecture (like PA) we have N+1 systems where
previously we had N.

In fact the mixer issue isn't even related to PA since I use Kmix.

poc