Re: F9/64-bit on Mac Pro

Zoltan Kota wrote:
2008/6/16 Chris Stark <cstark@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Just out of curiosity, did you ever attempt to install F9/64-bit on your
MacBook Pro? If so, did you run into the same issue of USB/keyboard not
working?

Now I downloaded the F9 x86_64 Live image for testing. Attached an
external USB keyboard and mouse to my MacBook Pro, the livedvd boots
and both the keyboard and mouse seem to work.

Zoltan
I installed F9 x86_64 on my MacBook Pro and was able to get it to work. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world. I initially tried upgrading from F8 x86_64, but had too many problems. I then did a fresh install and had a working system. My main problem was not being able to compile C, C++, & FORTRAN code for the i386 target (see my earlier post "Fedora 9 x86_64 system compiling for i386". If it weren't for that, I would be using F9 on a MacBook Pro. As it is, I had to resort back to F8

John