Re: Firefox for ever

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Sorry to be mean, but why don't Fedora just admit
that no browser they produce is likely to be as good as Firefox?
Huh? That doesn't make any sense. Fedora doesn't "produce" any browser
although it does contribute to Firefox and includes it in the repository.

I guess I should have said Fedora/KDE.
(One tends to forget that there are still some people running Gnome.)
When I install Fedora-9 from the KDE Fedora Live CD
I was offered Konqueror as default browser.
<asbestos> Does anyone have numbers on the distribution of Gnome vs KDE users in Linux at large and Fedora specifically? I hear a lot of complaints by the KDE folks (not just on 3.5 vs 4.0 issues). Is this just <tongue-in-cheek> the down trodden minority rage </tongue-in-cheek> or are there more KDE users than I think?</asbestos>

Does smolt gather these statistics? I didn't find any references on the wiki.

~~R