Re: Opengl and F8/F9

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 11:24 -0700, Les wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
> 	It appears that Mesa is supposed to replace OpenGL for F8 and I assume
> for F9 (haven't upgraded yet), but the croquet application doesn't work,
> due to an undefined module.  I looked for an implementation of OpenGl
> for F8 and couldn't find it.  Does anyone have a hint, a known
> repository or ??? that might supply the required library?

I thought that was part of the original problem we had with with
Croquet. Avoiding the use of software OpenGL's libGL and libGLU  when
you have perfectly good libGL built-in to your nVidia 5200 card.
Software=slower than hardware. So, IMHO, you need either Livna, or
whoeverelse you prefer, nVidia driver installed for Croquet or
Wonderland or SL to run worth beans. Alas, the need for speed! I'm
getting around 30 fps in Wonderland, with streaming audio. Cranking up
to videos as soon as I get the damn Xvfb issue settled. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar