Re: Fedora 9 nfs and autofs instable?

David Jansen wrote:
Since switching to fedora 9 (fresh install, no upgrade), both nfs and
autofs seem to crash on an almost daily basis. nfs mountd is just gone, no errors in the logs. autofs is even more
enigmatic: the daemon is still running, but nothing gets mounted untill
I restart the service. And here also, nothing is mentioned in the logs.

So, when I noticed this, I have switched SELinux off, but the results
are still the same, this morning both services were again not working.

The thing I suspect is my rsync backup script, which runs at night and
makes heavy use of nfs mounted directories.

has anyone else seen such crashes, and does anyone know a solution or a
way to learn more about the problem?

I hasve not seen any indications of problems in that area, but I do backups over ssh. I do have a lot of heavily used filesystems mounted and used, and a fair bunch of ISO images exported, and I haven't had an issue of any kind.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>