Re: Fedora 9 + Network Manager = Wireless NOT Connecting

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes I did log in using "su", what's the difference with the - option?
> Well I did get the lspci command to work. I exported it to a text
> file. As soon as I get to work I'll post the result. Thanks for the
> detailed help. VI is a very cool application, but hard to figure out
> at first. I spent a couple minutes in "man" and "vim" :help.

A simple "su" gives you root privileges with *your* shell environment,
while "su -" gives you the full root shell, as if you had logged in at the
console as root.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

or send a blank email message to:

site-update-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

Excellent, thanks for that info.  Here is the result of lspci:

02:02.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Actiontec Electronics Inc Unknown device 2406
    Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
    Kernel driver in use: hostap_pci
    Kernel modules: orinoco_pci, hostap_pci

What can I learn from this info?  Based on all the threads I'm guessing my wireless card isn't completely compatible with Fedora 9.  The funny thing is everything works except for making the actual connection to a wireless network though.

--
Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.." -Rev1:4