dual monitor setup crashes SE troubleshooter!?!

I used preupgrade to upgrade from F7 to F9 but X did not start. Running system-config-display got one of my 2 monitors up and running. I tried to get my second monitor working by using my xorg.conf file that worked in F7. Then I did a Ctrl-Alt-F1, logged in as root and did an init 3, and then an init 5. I got the following messages:
(Note that some lines were overwritten)

Starting setroubleshootd:
Registering binary handler for qemu applications
Starting jexec serviceStarting background  readahead (later[  OK  ]ode):
Exception in thread Thread-2 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/threading.py", line 460, in __bootstrap
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site_packages/setroubleshoot/avc-audit.py, line 335, in run
<type 'exceptionsAttributeError'>: NoneType object has no attribute 'read'
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Error in sys.excepthook:
Original exception was:
Binary handler for Windows applications already started.

Back on the Ctrl-Alt-F7 screen, I have a desktop background, the top and bottom menu bars are mostly off the screen, there is a grey rectangle in the top left corner and the screen is frozen.

There are only 2 errors n the Xorg.0.log file about modules that can't be found (record and type1) and warnings about unused options.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?
Does anyone have dual monitors working? It has been reported before that the
System->Administration->Display GUI does not work.

This is an up-to-date F9 x86_64 system.

Steve