Re: how to find WEP/WPA key to network if possible

Antonio Olivares wrote:
Dear all,
How does one get a KEY to a secured network that could be WEP/WPA?
Why we had a unsecured wireless network at school and I could
connect with a laptop. Everything got configured automatically, now,
the computer does not connect automatically. It is asking for a KEY
and I do not know the key. The Network Administrator is hard to
find/on vacation. Is there a way easy/hard to find the key so that I
can connect to this network?
TIA,
Antonio

Depending on the setup, you may be able to make a wired connection to the wireless router, and get the key from one of the status pages. You can also find out if it is using WPA or WEP at the same time.

Mikkel