Re: PGP signatures.

Bill Crawford wrote:
2008/5/28 Mike Chambers <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>:

What is mean by "name"?  Guess I am clueless to gpg and don't know my
way around it (viewing man gpg at the moment) and nto sure what to do
for example, when like someone's signature says invalid from evo on an
email to the list?

It's usually the email address listed as the "user id" for the key (or subkey).

I find it easiest to do this via kgpg, actually - you just right click
and choose "Sign keys" from the menu.

While you could use the person's name, you can run into more then one key for a person, with different email addresses.

For example, I have keys for both my infinity-ltd.com address, and my old execpc.com email address. I probably should revoke the execpc.com address, but there are still some RPMs floating around signed with that key. Besides, I don't remember where I stored the private key for that one.

Mikkel