Re: Fedora 9 - Slow GUI Response

Manish Kathuria wrote:
I upgrade my existing Fedora 8 x86_64 installation to Fedora 9 using yum
successfully but I am facing some problems related to the GUI. I use
GNOME as the desktop environment and ever since I have upgraded to
Fedora 9, the response time of the GUI has slowed. There is an increased
delay when the windows are refreshed and when I change from one
workspace to another one. The applications most frequently used by me
include evolution, firefox, open office and the gnome terminal besides a
few others and the delay is noticeable in case of all of them.

I am using a Core 2 Duo based Dell Vostro laptop with a 15.4" LCD and an
Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller and
the display resolution is set at 1280 x 800 at 24 bits. The display
adapter has been configured to use the "intel" driver.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or any such issue ? Any
comments and suggestions ?

Thanks,

Manish

Best I can tell you is it seems to be a problem with the Intel video driver, I have the same problem on my desktop machine with an Intel driver ( mine is an Intel 82G965).

glxgears gets me roughly 1050 fps, pretty pitiful. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you.

Jeff