Re: Fedora 9 and selinux

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 22:21:15 -0500,
  Daniel Auger <daniel.auger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If one has been using the system for awhile but doesn't want selinux
> to get in the way, is it more advisable to set it to permissive rather
> than disabling? I know that disabling selinux envolves relabelling the
> system. Is relabelling completely transparent, or can it lead to
> subtle problems?

Disabling selinux doesn't directly involve relabelling. What happens is that
newly created files don't get labelled properly, so that if you ever want
to turn selinux back on, you will need to relabel as part of the process
of turning it back on. In the grand scope of things the time for a relabel
isn't going to be that long. Depending on the number of files on your
system and the speed a typical relabel will normally be less than a half
hour.