Re: Web server permission in FC9

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 10:55 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> You would be more helpful if you explained the very limited cases
> where top posting is appropriate, as well as telling them they what
> they did was not appropriate.

 From time to time...  Though that turns what was going to be a shortish
"don't top post" message into a long saga, particularly when someone
debates it.  I did post a link to the Fedora website [1], on the first
two occasions I asked them not to top post, which does explain what
people are supposed to do on here, and that links [2] to the whys and
wherefors.

I could live with top posting, barely, *if* people snipped out the crap
they quote with it.  But they don't.  I can't remember seeing any top
poster do that.  And it's bloody painful trying to figure out what
they're responding to.  Same goes for those who bottom post and don't
snip.  There's been quite a bit of both recently, made all the more
worse by all that crap being quoted for a one or two line reply.

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting#Top-posting

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.15-80.fc7 i686 i386