AW: FC9: Freeze while booting of new installed system

i tied now to build a kernel without mmc option, installed the fedora8 kernel 2.6.23, but always udev prevents the startup

should be a problem with that, but where can i find logs about it or something?

Von: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] im Auftrag von Tim [ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 25. Mai 2008 16:20
An: For users of Fedora
Betreff: Re: FC9: Freeze while booting of new installed system

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 14:46 +0200, Thomas Spura wrote:
> Is this even possible to build a new kernel from another system like
> debian or within chroot? Maybe disabeling Ricoh in the config could
> make it... Or what could it be besides it? Maybe problems with
> udev...?

Just rebuild *a* kernel with your preferred options, if you want to.
But are you sure that its that device holding things up?

Remove any "quiet" options from the kernel line in the grub.conf file,
and watch the boot process.  You'll get more messages without it.  This
might help you.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.15-80.fc7 i686 i386