kde-games freezing computer

Ladies & gentlemen, I installed Fedora 9 on grandma's computer. The
installation went fine. I decided to place only KDE for her this time
to make it easier for her. It looks cool and she manages her way
around. The only thing we run into is when my daugther try to play
supertuxkarth it froze up, it puzzled me because she played before on
my laptop and everything was normal. I couldn't trace the error but I
repeated and the only option was to do a cold reset. Ieven couldnt
swithc to Ctrl-Alt-F1 or anything.  I told her I would take a look
tomorrow and to play something else. Later she called me saying that
even playing solitarie froze her computer so I told her to go to a
virtual console and reboot from there, at least this time she could do
it. It seems that any kde-game is freezing her computer. Has anyone
run into the same problem? Any idea how to track it down? Any help
would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks