Re: Fedora 9 and selinux

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 17:45 -0500, Chris S. Wilson wrote:
>> Not sure, But I do know SElinux is a great thing to have enabled - its just
>> a major pain in the a** :=]
>>
>> You can edit /etc/selinux/config to enable/disable selinux (maybe that's why
>> it was taken out, its just so simple :)), and just reboot. man selinux for
>> more information.
>
> *Please* don't top-post.
>
> You can run system-config-selinux to select whether you want enforcing,
> permissive or off modes.
>
> poc
>

> --

If one has been using the system for awhile but doesn't want selinux
to get in the way, is it more advisable to set it to permissive rather
than disabling? I know that disabling selinux envolves relabelling the
system. Is relabelling completely transparent, or can it lead to
subtle problems?