Re: RAID 1 and recovery

James,

A single disk from a Linux Software RAID 1 Mirror (using MD) should readable in another system so long as you also running MD on that system. You'll just need to import that disk as a new array on the second system; there is a flag to indicate that the second drive in the array is missing and can be added later.

Brian