Re: FC9: Freeze while booting of new installed system

Tim schrieb:
> On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 00:04 +0200, Thomas Spura wrote:
>
>> I have a Samsung q45 with a ricoh mmc controler, and i guess something
>> is wrong with this, because with the 2.6.25 kernel, i had problems with
>> debian too.
>>

> My laptop uses a Ricoh R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter, and a Ricoh
> R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/ MSPro Host Adapter
>
> I've not come across any Linux distro, yet, that can read MMC cards in
> it.  Yet, it does read SD cards, fine.
>
> You appeared to have two questions in that post, though I'm not sure.
> I'm responding just to the part about a MMC controller, I don't have an
> answer for the boot freezing issue.
>
> --
> [tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
> 2.6.23.15-80.fc7 i686 i386

> --

I have exactly the same controller and Memory Stick Host Adapter, i
guess with our kernel it should be no problem to boot, but with fc9
there is a newer kernel and i don't know how to get an older one. Is
this even possible to build a new kernel from another system like debian
or within chroot? Maybe disabeling Ricoh in the config could make it...
Or what could it be besides it? Maybe problems with udev...?