Re: PATH Issues

Sieranski, Greg wrote:
my .bashrc is empty. I have not touched it.

Well, that's kind of weird. For whatever reason, it sounds like your X session starts out with a bash login shell that sets up and exports the environment, and then your terminals run login shells, too.

What desktop are you using? If you run "ps axf", what processes are the children of gdm (or whatever dm you use)?