Re: How do repos get rebuilt from bodhi?

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
I have been watching for packages pending in bodhi to get included in
updates and updates-testing repos (since it is easier to grab stuff
from repos) and haven't noticed a pattern to when this happens.
I would expect that this would happen automatically on some schedule
similar to rawhide builds, but it looks like it is manually driven.
So I am curious if that is currently the case and if there are plans
to eventually haven't automated pushes from bodhi to the appropiate repos?

Packages get build and are available via the build system at http://koji.fedoraproject.org. If the package has been branched for rawhide, it hits it automatically without any delay. However for release branches, the package maintainers have to initiate a push to updates-testing/updates repository manually through Bodhi which is the updates system. The community can influence when it moves from updates-testing to updates by providing feedback at

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates

Once a push has been initiated, the Bodhi maintainer or release engineering team has to manually sign it. A automated signing server is being developed at

https://fedorahosted.org/sigul

This is one of the many things planned to be deployed before the Fedora 10 release.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2008-May/msg00171.html

Hope that helps.

Rahul