Re: package-cleanup gets carried away

TNWestTex wrote:

rahulsundaram wrote:
TNWestTex wrote:
Ran package-cleanup --orphans on my F8 system that has been through several versions. It flagged a
long
list of my F8 rpm's that I think are really desired on the system as well
as
some from the older versions.  Things like cups, blas, crontab, cpp.

What gives?
Post the output. Don't make us guess.

Rahul

Here it comes.  Piped through sort.

Orphans are packages that are installed on your system but not available in the repositories that are currently enabled on your system. It appears that you might not have updated your system and the older packages have been removed from your repository, from a previous version that you have locked or it has been misconfigured. Check output of yum repolist too.

Rahul